2013年9月20日星期五

Furyk in contention for second FedEx Cup title

Jim Furyk
LAKE FOREST, Ill. – Just like that, Jim Furyk is in position to make a run at another FedEx Cup title.

This 59 could have 10 million ramifications.

The 43-year-old Furyk hasn’t won on the PGA Tour since the 2010 Tour Championship, when he captured the FedEx Cup, deposited the cool $10 mil into his bank account and earned Player of the Year honors.

Now, Furyk is in a tie for the lead with two rounds to play at the BMW Championship, thanks in large part to a second-round, 12-under 59 at Conway Farms.

BMW Championship: Articles, videos and photos

Currently, he’s projected No. 4 in the FedEx Cup standings, and the top five heading into East Lake can capture the cup with a victory there. When he won the cup in 2010, Furyk was the No. 11 seed.

“The only way to move up is to really focus on this event,” he said. “But I’m going to try to enjoy this. I’m not a smell-the-roses type of guy, but I mean, how many times am I going to shoot 59 in my life? I’m going to enjoy this one a little bit tonight, and I’ll have a big, fat smile on my face when I go to bed."

没有评论:

发表评论